Epic has released the updated January 2011 UDK beta, and the latest version includes PhysX support for iOS.
According to the developer notes
- PhysX is now enabled for iOS development,
- A new Colorize post process,
- The editor now has a mesh selection preview, and
- Bink player upgraded to version 1.99a.
Till no only Unity Technologies have possessed their own custom iOS PhysX port – for Unity 3D engine. UDK nade it possible thanks to stand-alone PhysX SDK.
From UDK notes:
- PhysX is now supported on iOS.
- Upgraded to iOS SDK 4.2
- The latest version of UDK Remote supports ping functionality, so it knows when it is talking to a PC.
- The latest version of UDK Remote’s text entry box has been fixed on older versions of iOS.
Rigid body physics, fracturable meshes and ragdolls are among supported features.
Note: Cloth, fluids and soft bodies remain disabled on iOS for performance reasons.
You can also download the latest free version of UDK from
For complete feature list and preview go here…