Happy Republic Day 2011
“A strong and resurgent India will be celebrating its 62nd Republic Day tomorrow.“
Republic Day Highlights:
- Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, participating in the Republic Day Parade on the Rajpath for the first time. The twin seater Trainer Version of the Tejas is being displayed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- The DRDO equipment columns include an array of Naval Underwater Weapons such as torpedoes, Life Support Systems such as Submarine Escape Suit and the Long Range Solid State Active Phased Array Radar.
- The Indian Army will display its most advanced T-90 tank, Brahmos Launcher System, Pinaka Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher, Reporter Tactical Control Radar, NBC Recce Vehicle, Indigenous Pontoons Movable Section Brigade, Integrated Network Platform, Prahar-510 Armoured Troop Carrier and a flypast by the Army Aviation Corps’ Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv.
- The Indian Navy will display scaled down models of the aircraft carrier INS Viraat, Talwar kilo class submarine and the Mig-29K, the 4th Generation fighter jet inducted last year,
- The Indian Air Force tableau will focus on Network Centric Operations based on the AFNET, the state-of-the-art gigabyte digital information grid, also dedicated to the nation last year. However, the IAF will not hold any static-display of any of its aircrafts.
“Never lose faith in yourself, you can do anything in the universe’
– Swami Vivekananda.