For Crysis and Crytek technology lovers here’s an exciting news, Crytek has officially announced a free SDK to all the MODs. In August 2011, Mr. Cevat Yerli, CEO, Crytek GmbH, has announced about releasing the SDK to everyone with a personalized license. For more info about this release visit Crymod.
CRYEngine 3 has the most advanced game creation environment till date. Here is the demonstration video for PC, XBOX and PS3. Get this environment ASAP to get your hands dirty!!
Unlike CRYEngine 2 (2007), CRYEngine 3 now has its cookbook by Packt Publishers. It is full of recipes for both junior and senior developers, covers everything from creating photo realistic architectural visualizations to implementing advanced physics such as ragdoll and tornado effects. Topics covered include the sandbox, level layout, environment creation, AI, character creation, creating vehicles, and game logic.
Above all the book has been authored by the Tracy’s. Dan Tracy is the Technical Level Designer and Sean Tracy is Technical artist at Crytek. Both are responsible for optimizing and giving totally a new look to the CRYEngine (Originally Designed and Developed by Yerli Brothers)
Here’s brief info about the SDK:
Important Installer Info
- 64-bit operating system required to run the Sandbox Editor.
- The installer automatically uninstalls the version 1.0 if installed and updates to v1.1.
- You do not need to uninstall Mod SDK v1.0 before installing the new version.
- Added FMOD Designer to Mod SDK.
- Added editor.cfg being installed into Crysis 2 root folder to enable useful default settings for custom animations.
- Fixed a bug with CryMaxTools in 3DS Max not being functional.
- Fixed a bug with not working automatic installation of LoadCryMaxTools.ms into respective 3DS Max installation.
- Fixed registry warning when starting Sandbox 3 Editor on Vista/Win7 machines.
- Fixed installation error “Error: Could not access network location $MOBU11_64_PATH$” on 32-bit operating systems”.
- Fixed 32-bit CryTIFF plugin being installed into Photoshop 64-bit version.
- Fixed .bat file for CryMaxTools not installing plugins and tools for all 3DS Max versions properly.
- Fixed a bug with 64-bit 3DS Max plugins getting installed into 32-bit 3DS Max if both are the same release version.
- Fixed a bug with the 3DS Max Exporter not working properly with exporting animations.
- Fixed a bug with the 3DS Max 9 installation to only include plugins from now on as CryMaxTools are not supported for this version.
- Fixed a bug where some installed 3DS Max versions did not show up for automatic plugin installation.
- Removed automatic 64-bit 3DS Max plugin and tools installation (requires manual installation).
- Removed Motion Builder as it is no longer supported.
- Sandbox (64bit) is a mandatory installation.
- Significantly reduced size of the installer.